We Dear OM/YL,
World Amateur Radio Day is celebrated every year on 18 th April to commemorate the formation of International Amateur Radio Union (IARU) on this day in 1925 at Paris. The QARL celebrates the event every year on 18 th April or the nearest Sunday by conducting Ham fair. This year the program will be held on Sunday, the 23 rd April. Lake City Contest and VHF Fox Hunt are also conducted in connection with the Amateur Radio Day celebrations.
A special issue of ‘QARL News’ will also be published on this occasion. You are requested to contribute articles and advertisements well in advance.
On behalf of the QARL, we invite you along with your family and friends to participate in the program and make it a grand success.
Looking forward for a memorable eye-ball..
• P Surendran VU2SYT, President, Mob 8547000864
• Nishanth A.K VU3MOE, Secretary, Mob 8281874830
• K.G Ndarajan VU2KGN, Patron, Mob 9847690373
Fox hunt is open to all hams and SWLS. The CSD rolling shields will be awarded to the team leaders of the first three winning teams, in addition to cash awards and certificates.
• The fox hole will be anywhere within a radius of 30 K.Ms from Lal Bahadur Stadium, Kollam.
• The fox howl will be a tone in 145.600 Mhz in omni direction for one minute duration (first 30 seconds will be 5 watts followed by 30 seconds by 300 m.w.)
• The first howl will be at 3.PM (IST) and thereafter every five minutes.
• Please do not have any QSO in the game frequency, it may disqualify the team.
• At 5.00 PM you can ask for the first clue from the game controller who will be available at the call frequency 145.500 Mhz throughout the game. At 5.30 PM you can ask for the second clue. At 6.00 P.M the game will be announced by the game controller at the call frequency as well as at the game frequency.
The participating teams are requested to register with
the secretary by post or over telephone in advance.
The Lake City contest will be conducted from 5.00 P.M on 11/3/2017 to 5.00 P.M on 12/3/2017. The contest will be in 40M band only. The participant can contact the other station in phone or CW mode. Only one contact with a station will be allowed in either mode. The participant will get one point for each contact. SWLs can also participate in the contest. They may log the contacts of hams participating in the contest during the contest period. Copy of log may be sent to:
The Quilon Amateur Radio League,
P.O Box No. 335, Kollam – 691 001
by e.mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
so as to reach on or before 31/3/2017
10.00 AM: Registration of delegates
11.00 AM: Inauguration
Shri N.K.Premachandran, Honorable member of Parliament
Prizes of winners of Lake City Contest
and 21st Kerala VHF Fox Hunt will be awarded in the function.
Exhibition: 12.30 P.M to 4.00 P.M
(Exhibition and sale of new as well as
old wireless equipments and components are arranged)
Rs 300 - Early Bird Registration up to 20/4/2017
Rs 400 - Spot registration
Rs 150 - per family member
Rs 250 - Fox Hunt per team of two members
Rs 100 - for each additional member
Payment by DD in the name of Quilon Amateur Radio League payable at Kollam or by MO may be sent to Shri Rajesh R.K Nair, VU2IDB, M/s. Ramachandra Brothers, Musaliar Buildings, Chinnakkada, Kollam 691 001. Electronic payment (NEFT) may be made to SB account No. 1904904231 in the name of P Surendran, Central Bank of India, Anchalummood, Kollam. IFS Code : CBIN0280944, MICR Code: 691016004
Back cover (colour)
Back inner cover (colour)
Inner Page full (B&W)
Inner Page half (B&W)
Inner Page quarter (B&W)
© 2017 www.vu2qar.com | Admin Controls
Developed by VU2AOU, Bahrain Pcsoft